How un-American is that? Three times I have been banned from commenting on the Fluffy Post. From what I have gathered many others have been, too. Yet when you look at the many, many posts that are crude and abusive, one wonders, who are they banning? When you don't allow dissenting viewpoints you get, not a dialog, but a diatribe. And that is what The Huffington Post has devolved into. Feel free to share your experiences and to comment! I promise not to censor your posts.
Huffington Post pre-moderates comments on our blog posts and post-moderates comments on news stories. We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view. We only delete those comments that include the following transgressions:
• are abusive, off-topic, use excessive foul language
• include ad hominem attacks including comments that celebrate the death or illness of any person, public figure or otherwise
• contain racist, sexist, homophobic and other slurs
• are solicitations and/or advertising for personal blogs and websites
• thread spamming (you've posted this same comment elsewhere on the site
• are posted with the explicit intention of provoking other commenters or the staff at Huffington Post.
As a lifelong liberal Democrat, and card-carrying member of the ACLU, I find this to be anathema. I believe it is everyone's right to voice their opinions.
So, hopefully, if anyone searches on "Banned on Huffington Post," "Censorship on Huffington Post," "Huffpo Censorship," etc., they may find their way here. I don't know what will come from that, but maybe we can end up with a place where we can express our opinions without fear of being censored or "banned from commenting."